Grosse Pointe Divorce and Family Law Attorneys

Child Custody & Visitation

Child Custody & Visitation

divorce-and-custodyYour Time With Your Child

At the Grosse Pointe Law Center, we understand how important it is to protect your time with your child or children.  Navigating the Friend of the Court without an attorney is often frustrating and exhausting.  Let our experienced attorneys navigate the system for you.  We’ll use that knowledge of child custody, child visitation and parenting time laws and procedures to help you achieve your custody and parenting time goals.

Enforcement of Child Custody and Visitation Orders

Unfortunately, children are often put in the middle of a dispute between parents.  If your ex isn’t following a court order, there are procedures you need to follow to ask the court to enforce the orders.  If the Court determines that your ex has violated a court order or judgment, it may order him or her to pay your attorney fees.   Talk to your attorney on whether this is an option in your case.

Modification of Child Custody and Visitation Orders

Under Michigan law, child custody and visitation orders can be changed if circumstances change or if there’s good cause.   If you want to change the custody or parenting time order in place in your case, it’s your burden to prove a variety of things, including the change in circumstance or good cause.   If you can, it’s likely that the Friend of the Court or judge in your case will schedule an evidentiary hearing, where you’ll have to analyze the “best interest factors” and show how they weigh in your favor.

We have the knowledge and experience to help you with your custody issues.  Call for your free consultation today.

For a copy of the Michigan Custody Guideline, visit

Contact Us Today

Reduce anxiety about your family law and divorce decisions by talking to a lawyer at the Grosse Pointe Law Center today.

Phone: 313-331-2282