Grosse Pointe Divorce and Family Law Attorneys

Change of Domicile

Change of Domicile

Change of DomicileAfter your family law case has been established, you can’t move your child or children out of Michigan or 100 miles from your current home without agreement from your ex or court approval.

If your ex won’t agree, you need to file a Motion with the court before you move and have the burden of showing how the move would benefit the family in the hearing the court will likely schedule.

In these kinds of cases, having a lawyer advocate on your behalf, applying the law to the specific facts of your case is crucial.  We’ve successfully argued these issues on behalf of clients and are ready to talk to you about the process.

Contact Us Today

Reduce anxiety about your family law and divorce decisions by talking to a lawyer at the Grosse Pointe Law Center today.

Phone: 313-331-2282