Grosse Pointe Divorce and Family Law Attorneys

Amending or Changing Prior Court Orders

Amending or Changing Prior Court Orders

After you think your case is final, there may be some issues that come up that require you to go back to court.

Even if you and your ex agree on the change, you should let the Court know about the change by filing  a “Stipulated Order” amending the prior Judgment or Order.   This prevents problems and expenses down the road and makes sure your agreement is binding.

If you and your ex don’t agree on what needs to be changed, finding an attorney to advocate on your behalf (by filing a motion to amend or Modify the previous order or judgment) is even more important.

If you think something in your family law judgment or order needs changing or amending, contact us.  We’re happy to help.

Contact Us Today

Reduce anxiety about your family law and divorce decisions by talking to a lawyer at the Grosse Pointe Law Center today.

Phone: 313-331-2282